Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas – Joy to the world


And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10, 11

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

God was manifest in the flesh … 1 Timothy 3:16

Praise JESUS


This edition of devotion comes to you on the day of Christmas. Christmas is celebrated all over the world from Tokyo to San Francisco, from Moscow to Cape Town, from East to West and from North to South. I Praise JESUS for this.

The Holy Bible tells us, “…God was manifest in the flesh …” 1 Timothy 3:16. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. It would be beneficial for us if we meditate on why the LORD JESUS CHRIST born in this world.

Let us explore few reasons why LORD JESUS CHRIST came into this world.

First, The Holy Bible tells us, “…Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners …” 1 Timothy 3:16.

God created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden of Eden. God created the human beings in His own image (Genesis 1:26, 27).  He created the human beings and gave them free will to choose between good and evil and also He has explained them the consequences of choosing evil “…the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die”, Genesis 2:16, 17. Both Eve and Adam disobeyed the LORD and ate the fruit and they were sent out from the garden. This little sin of disobedience multiplied and exploded exponentially and sin became the nature of human beings. The Holy Bible tells us, “The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one”, Psalm 14:2, 3

We are sinners not because we commit sin, but we commit sin because we are sinners”

The LORD JESUS CHRIST came into this world to save sinners. The name JESUS means savior. When Simeon; saw the LORD JESUS CHRIST, he said, “For mine eyes have seen thy salvation”, Luke 2:30. The Holy Bible tells us that the LORD JESUS CHRIST took the sin of the humanity on Himself on the Cross, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed”, 1 Peter 2:24. We have pardon from sin through the LORD JESUS CHRIST. The Holy Bible tells us, “…the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin”, 1 John 1:7. LORD JESUS CHRIST calls us, “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool”, Isaiah 1:18

Dear  reader, do you need this forgiveness from sin? If you are not washed by the Blood of JESUS CHRIST and not have the assurance of Salvation, you can also have this by saying this simple prayer:


Dear JESUS CHRIST, I believe you are the Son of GOD, came to this world to save my soul from my sin. I believe you died on the Cross for my sins and rose again on the third day. I accept You as my LORD and Savior. Forgive me and wash away all my sins with your Holy Blood and make me a partaker of heavenly family. Amen.


Further you can read about the salvation in the blog


Second, the Holy Bible tells us, “… I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly”, John 10:10. God said to Adam that he would surely die when He eats the fruit of knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16, 17). Indeed the immediate result of the sin of disobedience was death, spiritual death. But the LORD JESUS CHRIST came to the world to give us hope in this hopeless world. He wants to give us life, abundant life, eternal life.

My LORD JESUS CHRIST said,
“…I am the way, the truth, and the life …” John 14:6
“…I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:” John 11:25

I really like this whenever my LORD JESUS CHRIST says “I am the …” In Old Testament, when Moses asked the GOD about HIS name, HE said, “… I AM THAT I AM …” Exodus 3:14. This refers the unchanging nature of GOD, yes the Holy Bible tells us, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever” Hebrews 13:8. On the other side, if we look at the name “I AM”, this sentence is yet to complete. I like to fill it with what my LORD JESUS CHRIST said about himself like the “I am the way, the truth, and the life”, John 14:6 and “I am the resurrection, and the life”, John 11:25

My LORD JESUS CHRIST came into this world so that we may have life in abundant. The moment we close our eyes in this world, we can live eternal life with the LORD JESUS CHRIST in heaven.

My LORD JESUS CHRIST came into this world to die for us. He was the only person in the history of the humanity who chose to die. You may ask question, James what about the people who sacrifices their life and dies for another? But whoever born in this world should have die one day, the only thing is they died bit earlier, but one day they would have dead. But the LORD JESUS CHRIST is GOD came in flesh, decided to die for us, to take the punishment for the sins of humanity on the Cross. It didn’t end there, on the third day, He rose from the dead, “…I am the resurrection, and the life …” John 11:25, and through His resurrection, we have life, that’s why He said, “…he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live”, John 11:25

Dear reader, if you have not received the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and Savior, I encourage you to make the decision to follow him and have life in abundant.


Next, the Holy Bible tells us, “… For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil”, 1 John 3:8. When Eve disobeyed the LORD by listening the devil to eat the fruit of knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:1-6), the humanity became slave to sin, and made the devil as master to them. “Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin”, John 8:34.

The LORD JESUS CHRIST came to the world to destroy the works of the devil. It is the devil that brought curses, diseases, sin and all the things that belongs to the darkness. But we have hope in CHRIST JESUS.

Dear reader, if you are in bondages, I encourage you to trust in the LORD JESUS CHRIST. We have deliverance in CHRIST JESUS. The Holy Bible tells us,

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed”, John 8:36
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”, John 8:32
“…the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty”, 2 Corinthians 3:17

This devotion brought blessings for me, I believe, it is a blessing for you too.

Praise JESUS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers