Friday, October 2, 2009

Eternal Joy

"… the joy of the LORD is your strength"  Nehemiah 8:10.
Praise JESUS
I was going by a bus to a railway station to catch my train to my home town. In the bus I could see some professions, their face was bubbling with happiness. One person was saying to another “how am I going to spend my nine days of holidays”. They made some comments on another person (may be about my dress) and making themselves happy. The bus stopped on its way in an inter-state bus-stand and they left the bus.

The people in the above incident are happy because of their nine days of holidays. These nine days of leave will go off like one second and they have to wait for another opportunity for their happiness.

While I was in USA, One person told me, "… there are five Mondays in a week". One statistics says the number of people dies on heart attack is more on Mondays than other days. Their happiness is on holidays. Their happiness depends on circumstances.

But in the Holy Bible we could see a person called Habakkuk saying like this, "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation" Habakkuk 3:17-18.

In the above passage, we could see the happiness of Habakkuk not depends on the circumstances or vacation but his joy was his LORD.

Favorable circumstances can not bring us eternal joy. Certain on eternity alone can bring us peace and joy.

The Humanity is suffering in the hurricane of sin, looking for deliverance and longing for peace and joy. The Holy Bible tells us in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God". All of us are sinners longing for peace and joy. As long as our sins are not forgiven we can not have real joy.

The Holy Bible tells us in I Timothy 3:16, “God was manifest in the flesh” and took our sins on Himself to save us from our sins. The Holy Bible tells us in Isaiah 53:5, ".. the punishment that brought us peace was upon him ...".

Matthew 1:21 says, ".. thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from
their sins". Only JESUS CHRIST alone can take us into heaven. JESUS CHRIST said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me".

Dear reader, do you have this joy? Are you sure that you will go to heaven? If you are not sure, you can also have this joy, peace and certain on your eternity and can have the same joy Habakkuk had, by praying a simple prayer like this...

Dear JESUS CHRIST, I believe you are the Son of GOD, came to this world to save my soul from my sin. I believe you died on the Cross for my sins and rose again on the third day. I accept You as my LORD and Savior. Forgive me and wash away my sins with your Holy Blood and make me a partaker of heavenly family. Amen.

"Rejoice in the Lord always" Philippians 4:4.

Praise JESUS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers